- What information do we collect about you?
- Information you provide
In general, you can use many of our Services without giving us any personal information. However, for some Services or certain features within some Services, we will request information about you, such as your name, email address or telephone number. You can choose whether or not to provide this information, but you will be able to access our full Service features only if you have submitted the information required for the registration process. If you want to fully utilize the sharing feature of some of our Services, we may also ask you to create an account and/or a publicly visible profile. One or more of the Services may contain an online or cloud-based store from which you can purchase certain products. We will be required to collect certain information such as name, contact information, shipping and billing address(es), and credit card information in order to process your order. We may also keep records of your transactions with us.
- Information we obtain from your use of the Services
Beyond the information you provide, we may collect information about the Services that you use and how you use them, such as when you view and interact with content offered through a Service. For example, when your computer or mobile device contacts our web servers, such as when you visit the Website or view an HTML e-mail, our web servers automatically collect usage information. Such usage information includes information about how our visitors use and navigate our Services.
- Other information we collect may include:
* Device information (e.g., your hardware model, IMEI number, unique device identifiers, MAC address, IP address, operating system version, device settings);
* Log information (e.g., details of how you use the Service or applicable hardware devices, such as time and duration of your use of the Service, browser cookies, web cookies, flash cookies and web beacons (as explained in a separate section below); and
* Location information (further explained in a separate section below).
We recognize the importance of safeguarding the privacy of children and encourage parents to regularly check and monitor their children’s online activities and use of online services. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Data from children under the age of thirteen (13) without parental consent. If we learn that a child under the age of thirteen (13) has provided us with any Personal Data, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such Personal Data as soon as possible.
- What do we do with your information?
- We may use information about you for any of the following purposes:
- to register you for a Service or to administer our Service features (including processing any searches or requests for information about our products or services, or providing customized advertisements and sponsored content), and to allow you to use those features (e.g., blogs, open forums and discussion pages);
- for assessment and analysis of our market, customers, products and services (including asking you for your opinions on our products and services and carrying out customer surveys);
- to enable us to monitor, review and improve the products and services we offer;
- to recommend services or contents that may be of interest to you;
- for internal record keeping purposes;
- for marketing purposes; and
- to conduct free prize drawings, prize competitions or promotions, as permitted by applicable law.
- We take reasonable steps to ensure that we retain information about you only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or as required under any contract or by applicable law.
- What about anonymous information?
- We may automatically collect information which alone cannot be used to identify you when you connect to or use the Services. We collect such information to help us identify users' browsing preferences. This information is used for internal purposes so that we can carry out research on user demographics, behavior and interests. Anonymous or generic information from which you cannot be personally identified is not Personal Data.
- What about location-based services?
- To whom do we disclose your information?
- We will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties for their own independent marketing or business purposes without your consent; however, we may disclose your Personal Data as follows:
- to a Samsung affiliate;
- to service providers that help us provide the Services to you to the extent it is needed to perform their duties and functions;
- to our professional advisers;
- when legally required to do so, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation or to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Services and applicable laws. We may also disclose such information when we have good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of Samsung, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, customers or others as required or permitted by law;
- to the purchaser or potential purchaser of our rights and obligations relating to our Services, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be a transferred asset of any purchase, and we may transfer your personal information to such third party; or
- where it is necessary in order to pursue our legitimate interests, or if we are required to or are permitted to do so by law.
- Consent to International Transfer of Data
- Links to external content resources
- Our Services or website may link or direct you to other websites, services or external content resources which are outside of our control. Whilst we try to ensure that we link or direct you only to services or websites that share our privacy and security standards, once you have left our Services or our website we cannot safeguard and are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any Personal Data which you provide on other websites. You should exercise caution and review the privacy statement applicable to the respective service or website. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies.
- Direct Marketing
- We may use information about you to provide you with information about third party products, promotions, and other matters that may be of interest to you (“Direct Marketing”). You may set your Direct Marketing preferences when you complete the Service registration process or by adjusting the privacy setting on the relevant device.
- You can change your mind about your Direct Marketing preferences by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the Direct Marketing communication, adjusting the privacy setting on the relevant device or by updating your user or account profile. If you do so, we would not remove your Personal Data from our database(s) to the extent that it is still required by us to offer the applicable Service, but we would note your changed Direct Marketing preferences as soon as reasonably possible.
- Accessing your information/ Your California Privacy Rights
- Under the laws of some jurisdictions, you may have the right to request details of your Personal Data which we collect. If permitted by law, we may charge you a small fee for providing you with such information. If you would like to make any such request, please contact our customer service department at the email address provided below.
- Please help us to ensure that your information is accurate and up to date. If you think that any of your information is incorrect or incomplete, please write to our customer service department.
- What do we do to keep your information secure?
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to do so, we have put in place reasonable physical and technical measures and procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect through the Services. This has been done with a view to prevent unauthorized or unlawful processing of your Personal Data, and accidental, unauthorized or unlawful access, use, processing, copying, alteration, transfer, loss or destruction of, or damage to your Personal Data. Although we take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data, no website, Internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure. Samsung will respond to unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or other breaches in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We protect the security of your information by:
- using encryption where appropriate;
- using password protection where appropriate; and
- limiting access to your information (that is, only employees who carry out the purposes referenced above have access to your information).
- You must also take appropriate steps to keep your information secure by not using an obvious login name or password, changing your password regularly, and ensuring that you do not divulge your password to any other person.
- Social Networking
- The Service may link to other websites and services which are outside our control. Once you leave the Service, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide on other websites or to other services. You should exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to the websites you visit or the services you use. We have no responsibility or liability for your use of third party websites and services.
- Cookies, flash cookies, web beacons and other technologies
- When you use a web browser to access the Services on applicable devices, you may configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. Please note, however, that the websites providing Services may be designed to work using cookies and any disabling of the cookies may affect your usage of the Services, such as preventing you from fully using the Services we provide. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers, except with third parties working with us to provide services to you.
- Our Services enable the use of the Adobe Flash Player. Adobe’s Flash Player is used by many websites that offer video and other interactive content. By default, your use of the Adobe Flash Player generates “flash cookies” (also known as “persistent identification elements” or “local shared objects”). The Adobe Flash Player (and similar applications) uses flash cookies to remember user settings, preferences and usage similar to the browser cookies referenced above, but flash cookies can store more information than browser cookies and are managed through a different interface than the one provided by your web browser. You can control the degree to which you accept flash cookies by accessing your Adobe Flash Player management tools directly through the settings manager for Adobe Flash. If you do not allow flash cookies to take any disc space on your computer, you may not be able to take advantage of or participate in certain features of the Services. The Adobe Flash Player is not the only technology used in online and mobile content environments. HTML5 is an increasingly popular web standard used for presenting content, especially content delivered to mobile devices. Some HTML5 code may allow your response to advertising and other activities to be monitored across websites and such information to be stored on your computer or mobile device. Technology solutions that allow users to opt-out of or block this sort of tracking continue to evolve.
- Choice of Law
- Further information
- If you have any specific questions, please contact us at:
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
129 Samsung-Ro, Maetan-3dong, Yeongtong-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do, Korea
- Email: through the “Contact Us” section of http://help.content.samsung.com.
Last updated on March 11, 2013