Dear Partners and Developers,
The Samsung SMART TV team is pleased to release the Smart TV SDK 5.1.
This SDK provides developers with the tools they need to develop apps for the 2014 Smart TV Platform.
The toolset includes an application IDE, UI designer, debugger, Pretest Tool and Smart TV Emulator for the 2014 platform.
■ Main Features
- [Emulator + IDE] PNaCl Update- [IDE] CAPH UI Designer- [IDE] Device Debugger- [IDE] Semantic Mashup- [Emulator] Network & Proxy Settings Menu- [Emulator] MultiScreen API Update - [Emulator] Multi Application Support
■ Getting the SDKDevelopers creating applications for the 2014 platform are encouraged to use this latest SDK 5.1.
Smart TV SDK 5.1 install files for Windows, Mac, and Linux: http://www.samsungdforum.com/Devtools/Sdkdownload
SDK documentation URL: http://www.samsungdforum.com/Guide
Best Regards,Your Samsung Smart TV SDK Team
The Development Guide has been updated.
□ New document: Performance Guide for Web App
- This document describes how to optimize running and operational performance when developing Web App on Samsung Smart TV.
□ Updated document: Adding Advertisement functionality to Interactive Apps
- Updated downloadable sources
□ Updated document: Common Modules API
- Removed few methods
□ Updated document: How To Use Animation With CAPH WUI Widgets
- Updated images
□ Updated document: How to Use CAPH WUI Engine?
□ Updated document: How to Use CAPH WUI Widgets
□ Updated document: Samsung Smart TV SDK Tutorial Explorer perspective
- Updated image
□ Updated document: Device API, Screen GetOption
- Modified example source code
□ Updated document: SEF Plugin API, GetOption
Your Samsung Smart TV SDK Team
Date of Service Change16th of January, 2014
Dear Samsung Smart TV Apps Developers.Samsung Smart TV Apps Developer Forum is announcing that the service change will take into effect on 16th of January, 2014.This service change will provide you more convenient development environment.
- Samsung Smart TV Apps Developer Forum
Dear Partners and Developers,The Samsung SMART TV team is pleased to release the Smart TV SDK 5.0.
This SDK provides developers with the tools they need to develop applications for the 2014 Smart TV Platform.
The toolset includes an Eclipse-based application editor with a Visual Editor, debugger, Pretest Tool and Smart TV Emulator for the 2014 TV platform.
■ Main Features
- 2014 WebEngine : Initial support for upgraded WebKit and application framework.
- Native Client (PNaCl) : Create fast and powerful application using C/C++ with support for Google’s Portable Native Client (PNaCl) feature. PNaCl applications can be developed in the IDE and then executed in the Smart TV
- MultiScreen : APIs for Multiscreen functionality are now supported in the Emulator.
With this API, developers can create applications that use not only the TV screen, but also mobile devices.
- SmartHome : Initial support for APIs for home appliance convergence.
- Closed Caption : CC support has been added to comply with FCC regulations.
- Emulator Usability improvements : Emulator output console can now be filtered & searched. Additionally, applications can be launched by dragging-n-dropping their folder into the Emulator.
- PreTest Tool : This tool lets developers save time by quickly validating their apps before submission to the app certification process.
- Automatic Test Tool : Create test scripts with input events (ex: mouse click) to automate testing of your applications.
- Debugging : Support for the Web Inspector debugging tool has been added to the Emulator.
- Tutorial Explorer : The IDE now includes a Tutorial Browser tool that lets developers easily browse and launch demo applications.
- Printer SEF : Support for Printers has now been added to the Emulator.- Browser IDE/Emulator : Tool for creating Smart TV applications via a web-browser tool (requires Chrome browser).
■ Getting the SDKDevelopers creating applications for the 2014 platform are encouraged to use this latest SDK 5.0.
Smart TV SDK 5.0 install files for Windows, Mac, and Linux: http://www.samsungdforum.com/Devtools/SdkdownloadSDK documentation URL: http://www.samsungdforum.com/Guide
Best Regards,Your Samsung Smart TV SDK Team
The Samsung Smart TV Apps Developer Forum website has been renewed.
We are pleased to inform that our website has been renewed.The new website has improved to allow viewers to quickly and easily find information.We hope these improvements will earn your approval and help you to develop your Samsung Smart TV Apps better.
It will allow you to create and edit Samsung Smart TV applications.The new SDK menu gives you improved navigation about the SDK Download, Spec&Features, SDK Release Note and SDK Archives.
It guides you how to create and develop your apps;the new Guide introduces the process of Samsung Smart TV Apps Development easily.
You can share your idea and have a discussion withother developers all around the world anything related to the development of Samsung Smart TV Apps.
SUPPORT THE NEW FAQ SECTION,DEV FAQ IS ADDED.
The new FAQ section, Dev FAQ helps you solve your technical questions more quickly.
WE’D LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Please leave your comments on our renewal website. We’d like to share your thoughts with us.
Dear Partners and Developers
We have been alerted that Adobe will no longer continue to support
Flash on Samsung Smart TVs and BluRay players.
As a result, Flash engines will not be supported in 2015 Samsung
Going forward, Flash-related features will be excluded from SDKs
Although Flash engines will remain to be equipped on existing Samsung
products, including 2014 models, there will be no technical support from either
Samsung or Adobe.
Accordingly, any applications developed with Flash Air or Flash
Player will no longer be acceptable.
applications if the application in question is
Beginning on February 4, 2014, any Flash-based application, including
any updated versions of such will not be acceptable for
Dear Samsung D Forum Members
The new version of our In-app advertisement service API is now available!
You can download our advertisement API from SDF.
SDK download page in SDF: http://www.samsungdforum.com/Guide/tut00117/index.html
* From 25th April 2013, Samsung will only allow to use Samsung advertisement service API in newly developed apps.
□ Feature Updates
- Integrated distribution of banner & video advertisement
- Reduced size of SDK code
- SDK sample app for developers' convenience
- Elaborate API explanation and development guide
- Support of various advertisement types (VAST, Banner to Video Ad, etc)
If you have questions about In-app advertising, please contact Samsung Customer Support.
Samsung Customer Support (you can choose AdHub section): http://help.content.samsung.com/csseller/main/main.do
Samsung D Forum
Samsung Advertisement service (Samsung AdHub) is now available in Mainland China, after its launch in 28 November 2013.
Developers are invited to have advertisements in their China TV Apps through www.samsungadhub.com.cn.
(※ For the other global countries except china, you need to use Samsung AdHub global website(www.samsungadhub.com).
For advertising, you need to download TV SDK at first (http://www.samsungdforum.com/Devtools/SdkDownload).
And Technical Guideline and Ad Library(Advertisement service API) for China can be downloaded through
(http://www.samsungdforum.com/SamsungDForum/ForumDashBoard/fc9db838bc1a1dd3) , but you need to choose the 'Ad Library for China' among the files.
Because of Mainland China regulation, Samsung AdHub run separate platform in china, which is 'Samsung AdHub China'
As for all advertisement support, such as issuing Ad Inventory ID and registering payment information, you need to use 'Samsung AdHub China' website(www.samsungadhub.com.cn) instead of 'Samsung AdHub' Global website(www.samsungadhub.com).
If you have any questions about in-app advertising in Mainland China, please contact 'Samsung AdHub China' CS channel through the below address.
www.samsungadhub.com.cn > Support > Contact Us
Thank you,Samsung D Forum
□ Updated document: How to create sample PNaCl application
- Sample app stubs updated.
□ Updated document: Multi-Screen SDK
- Updated multi-screen file versions (SDK, API, Sample Application) in download links.
□ Updated document: ATT (Automatic Test Tool) User Guide
- Prerequisites, Command line support for ATT; updated screenshots; removed ATT Menu Bar.
□ Updated document: How to create CAPH Application
- Example app and source code update.
□ Updated document: How to Integrate CAPH WUI Widgets with jQuery Library
- Source code and example app update
□ Updated document: How to Use Animation with CAPH WUI Widgets
- Source code and example app update, list of animation types update
□ Updated document: How to use CAPH Data Acceleration Library
- Source codes update
□ Updated document: How to Use CAPH WUI Engine
□ Updated document: How to use CAPH WUI Widgets
- Source code update
□ Updated document: How to Use CAPH WUI Widgets with HTML
□ Updated document: Remote Web Inspector
- Few minor fixes and updates in text
□ Updated document: Samsung SmartTV Browser IDE
- Added new chapters: 'Installation' and 'Summary', and updated Figure titles in entire document
□ Updated document: Web Device API
- Updates to SmartHome DTV Web Device API
□ Updated document: Using a Recognition Application
- Recognition Application Flow-chart update
- Updated downloadable files
□ Updated document: Development Guidance for Multi-Application
□ New document: Automatic Test tool guide
- ATT (Automatic Test Tool) User Guide.
□ New document: Multi application guide
- Development Guidance for Multi-Application
□ Updated sources: Adding Advertisement functionality to Interactive Apps
- Updated downloadable sources
Rating this page will help us to provide better service.
Rate This Page
What would you like to report us aboutthis page?
Rate this page
50 characters remaining
Forum to leave a comment on this page
All contents copyright © Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.