>News & Event>News
Dear Partners and Developers,
The Samsung SMART TV team is pleased to release the Smart TV SDK 4.1. This SDK provides developers with the tools they need to develop applications for the 2013 Smart TV Platform. The toolset includes an Eclipse-based application editor,Visual Editor, debugger, and Smart TV Emulators for current and past TV platforms.
Support for the Mac OS X and Linux platforms continues to be improved in the Samsung Smart TV SDK. Improvements have been made to the IDE/Emulator integration, as well as the functions of the Emulator.
- Visual Kit: Visual Logic and Relation Editing
- Text Editor: API Autocomplete
- Application Templates
■ Features for 2013 Platform on Windows
- Native Input Method Editor (On Screen Keyboard)
- Smart Control 2013
- App&Service Panel Support
- AdHub Support
- Smart Interaction: Gesture events have been added (New HI (including Gesture) Simulator).
- Apps Framework
- 2013 App Engine (HTML5 Video/Audio, WebSocket, WebGL)
- SEF (Service Extension Framework)
- Convergence Framework
- OCI (Open Convergence Interface) : MIDI support
- MPEG Dash
- Flash 11.1
- Smooth Streaming
- Automatic Test Toolkit improvements (Dynamic screen test, partial screen capture, audio testing, and more…)
■ Features for 2013 Platform on Linux / Mac SDK
- Video / Audio Play Support in Emulator
- Smart Control 2012 in Emulator
- GUI improvements in Emulator
- Eclipse Integration
- Limited Web Inspector support
■ Features for the Cloud Emulator
- Usability & GUI improvements
- S Client is supported on Mac OS X and Windows.
- S Server is supported on Windows
■ Getting the SDK
Developers creating applications for the 2013 platform are encouraged to use this latest SDK 4.1.
SDK 4.1 install file URL: http://www.samsungdforum.com/Devtools/Sdkdownload
SDKdocumentation URL: http://www.samsungdforum.com/Guide
Your Samsung Smart TV SDK Team
What’s New in the Guide!
The Samsung D Forum has the new UX Guideline to develop the Samsung Smart TV App.
By using Bookmark,
it is easy for you to find the documents in UX Guideline. You can also find new
and popular document by
Resource, API, SDK, Device and Topic from the top three lists of Updated and Most
Bookmarked Guide here. It is now easy
for you to find variety resource rearranging with Beginning for Smart TV , How to
be a Partner, TV Apps Security, How to Join Kids / Fitness
and Smart TV App Policies & Guidelines.
We’ve become simply helpful!
The Samsung D Forum is now a clean-cut look with the overview, FAQ and Activity
Policy in the support.
It gives you a tip to distribute the Samsung Smart TV Apps and manage the site.
If you’d like to more specified the questions
about the Site and the SDK, get some answers from FAQ. You can be more active in
the Samsung D Forum and more get Activity Point.
Learn more about the Activity Policy in the Support.
Dear Samsung D Forum Members
We are pleased to announce that Samsung is enabling in-app advertising for Samsung Smart TV members. With the release of Samsung advertisement service API, Smart TV application developers can publish advertising in applications and can thereby create another monetize channel. Our advertisement API is combined with the TV SDK, the latest version of SDK 4.1, can be downloaded from SDF.
SDK download page in SDF: http://www.samsungdforum.com/Devtools/SdkDownload
At present, we offer in-app banner and video advertising. Using Samsung advertisement service API can guarantee the best compatibility and stability on the Samsung TV platform.
From 25th April 2013, Samsung will only allow to use Samsung advertisement service API in newly developed apps.
This rule will be applied to app service countries listed below. If your new app is in the following countries, device year, and development language, you should use Samsung advertisement API.If you have your own sales organization or distribute your apps beyond the following countries, you will be exempt from this policy.
If you have questions about in-app advertising, please contact Samsung Customer Support.
Samsung Customer Support (you can choose AdHub section): http://help.content.samsung.com/csseller/main/main.do
Thank you,Samsung D Forum
The Samsung SMART TV team is pleased to release the Smart TV SDK 4.0. This SDK provides developers with the tools they need to develop applications for the 2013 Smart TV Platform. The toolset includes an Eclipse-based application editor, Visual Editor, debugger, and Smart TV Emulators for current and past TV platforms.
The Mac OS X and Linux platforms are now supported by the Samsung Smart TV SDK. In addition to the Eclipse-based App Editor, a new Linux-based Emulator has been released. This Emulator executes in an Ubuntu virtual machine that is run in the Virtual Box virtualization tool.
This release also marks the introduction of the Cloud Emulator. The Emulator is hosted on a remote server that developers can connect to using a “thin client” Emulator on their development machine. Currently, this feature is supported only on the Mac OS X platform.
- Open Samsung Smart TV Semantic Service
- Support for Mac OS X and Linux platforms
- Full WYSIWYG code editing (visual editor and code editor are synced)
- 6 new Visual Editor components (arrowbutton, hscrollbar, pageindicator, slidern, togglebutton, tooltip)
- Smooth re-sizing of components
- Web Inspector (debugger) support
- In-App Ads
- Web Inspector support
- ATT (Automatic Test Tool) : User can record and playback input events for testing.
■ Features for 2013 Platform on Linux (First Release)
- App Engine / WebKit
■ Features for 2013 Platform on Mac (First Release)
- Cloud Emulator client for Mac OS X
Developers creating applications for the 2013 platform are encouraged to use this latest SDK 4.0.
SDK 4.0 install file URL: http://www.samsungdforum.com/Devtools/Sdkdownload
SDK documentation URL: http://www.samsungdforum.com/Guide
The New Samsung D Forum is finally up and running!
As part of our commitment to provide exceptional service to our partners and developers, we have long prepared a major updates for our Samsung D Forum website and it is finally done.We have updated almost every page of our site and added a lot of useful features to support communication and discussion with others on our website for Smart TV application development project.
Write your post from any where you like
When you browsing our website and feel like to discuss with someone or have some question about that page, you don’t have to copy the URL and go back to the forum page and paste it. Just click Join Forum on the bottom tool bar and write about it, then current page’s URL will automatically attached to your post. If you don’t want to put URL, just click URL Clear.
Bookmark any articles and friend’s note
When you found a good article or guide document and want to save it or read later, you can bookmark those pages and check it from My Note so you can easily access to bookmarked article at any time you want.You can also check out other member’s bookmark (If their privacy option is set to OPEN) and see which article is being bookmarked by others.
Be an Active member and gain reputation
Activity Point(AP) will be applied based upon your activity within the SAMSUNG Smart TV Apps Developers Forum site and will represents you as a different activity level. The AP will occur from the action you take within our site such as login, download SDK, write post, participation status, user feedback and your reputation from other member.
More Features. Better Search Result.
We have added more features on our search so you can sort your search result by time, date, title, text and keyword relevance and you will likely to get better search results now.
As part of our commitment to provide exceptional service to our partners and developers, we have
prepared a major update for our website and we are performing site update and upgrades on our
system during following date;
- Mon, 12 November 10:00 ~ 16:00 (Seoul)
- Sun, 11 November 20:00 ~ 02:00 (New York)
- Sun, 11 November 17:00 ~ 23:00 (LA)
- Mon, 11 November 09:00 ~ 15:00 (Hong Kong)
- Mon, 11 November 06:30 ~ 12:30 (Delhi)
- Mon, 11 November 02:00 ~ 08:00 (Paris)
- Mon, 11 November 01:00 ~ 07:00 (London)
Our website will not be available during this time and we apologize for any inconvenience this may
The Samsung D Forum team appreciates your patience and understanding while we make these
Samsung Smart TV Apps Developer Forum
The Samsung SMART TV team is pleased to release SDK 4.0 Beta.
Beginning with the SDK 4.0 Beta, the Eclipse IDE is the only IDE for Smart TV development.
The Smart TV Eclipse IDE has been updated with a Visual Editor.
The SDK 4.0 Beta is the first release for the 2013 platform.
* No SmartHub is released in BETA version, so the functions which is handled by
SmartHub such as EXIT / RETURN will not work.
* Flash Player is not in the scope of this SDK4.0 Beta version.
■ Main Featuares in SDK 4.0 Beta
- Microsoft Smooth Streaming support
- Additional Eclipse Plugin Features : Visual Editor
- ATT (Automatic Test Tool) : User can record and playback input events for testing.
■ Updated Features for 2013 Platform
- Many S/Ws have been upgraded, and will be upgraded
■ Getting the SDK
Developers creating applications for the 2013 platform are encouraged to use this latest SDK 4.0 Beta.
SDK 4.0 Beta install file URL: http://www.samsungdforum.com/Devtools/Sdkdownload
The Samsung SMART TV team is pleased to release SDK 3.5.2
With SDK 3.5.0 versions and above, developers can choose from two IDEs:
1) Samsung IDE + Emulator
2) Eclipse IDE + Emulator
■ Main Features in SDK 3.5.2
SDK 3.5.2 Bug Fixes
- Video/Audio Player : GetDuration() now returns proper value when the video has finished playing.
- Eclipse Plugin : Emulator run path error has been fixed.
- Samsung IDE : Fixed auto-generated scene code that caused errors such as :
(error: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating '$.sfKey.LEFT')
- Common API : Fixed bug that causes some apps to ignore certain key presses.
SDK 3.5.2 Update list
- TV Font :
Users installing the SmartTV SDK 3.5.2 for the first time do not have to resinstall the fonts.
Users who are updating must still navigate to [SDK_INSTALL_DIR]/Emulator/Emulator2012_v3.5/bin and reinstall the fonts.
[ How to reInstall TV fonts ]
(Install TV fonts in your Windows system for compatibility with the TV)
1) Please go to this path: [SDK_INSTALL_DIR]/Emulator/Emulator2012_v3.5/bin
2) Double click each of the following files:
- shadow_us.ttf, shadow_eu.ttf, shadow_ko.ttf, shadow_s_cn.ttf,shadow_t_cn.ttf, shadow_jp.ttf
3) Click 'install' button in the dialog box
■ Previous Updates
- Eclipse is now supported as an IDE (from SDK 3.5.0)
- InputFramework has been added (from SDK3.5.0)
o Remote Control has been separated into a new process
o App developers can change their input device using theInput Device button on the emulator screen
- In-App Advertisements (from SDK 3.5.1)
o Banner, Pre-Roll and App Launch supported
■ Pre-setting requirements before installing SDK 3.5.2
[Install DirectX for both IDEs]
- DirectX End-User Runtime Web InstallerDownload URL:
[For Eclipse Install]
Please run Eclipse as 'Run as Administrator'.
Samsung SMART TV SDKEclipse plugin requires Java Standard Edition(Java SE) version1.6 or higher.
- Install Java Runtime Environment (JRE):
■ S/W modulesfor year 2012 TV/AV products
1. AppEngine (Webkit Core)
2. Samsung Player
4. SEF (Service Extension Framework)
5. Mpeg-Dash (including HAS [HTTP Adaptive Streaming])
6. TV-Mobile Framework (Convergence)
7. OCI (Open Convergence Interface)
8. Interactive Edutainment
10. Apps Framework
11. Smart Interaction (Voice Recognition & Camera)
12. 2012 Smart Hub
[Getting the SDK]
Developers creating applications for the 2012 platform are encouraged to use this latest SDK 3.5.2.
SDK 3.5.2 install file URL: http://www.samsungdforum.com/Devtools/Sdkdownload
SDK documentation URL: http://www.samsungdforum.com/Guide/
The Samsung SMART TV team is pleased to release SDK3.5.1.
[New Features in SDK 3.5.1]
- Eclipse is now supported as an IDE (SDK 3.5.0 and above)
- InputFramework has been added (SDK 3.5.0 and above)
o Control has been separated into a new process
o App developers can change their input device using the Input Device button on the emulator screen
- In-App Advertisements (SDK3.5.1)
o Banner, Pre-Roll and App Launch types supported
Since SDK 3.0, we have supported new features such as Convergence (AllShare andTV-Mobile Framework) and Smart Interaction.
AllShare:AllShare is Samsung’s content sharing service that allows you to search for and play video, photo, and music files freely across many devices that support AllShare services, such as PC, TV, mobile phone, and digital camera. You can do this either wirelessly or with a cable.
Fig 1.AllShare: Share videos, photos and music seamlessly across devices
TV-Mobile Framework: With the TV-Mobile Framework, developers can create exciting new applications that use the power of Wi-Fi connectivity between SmartTV and mobile devices. Create multiplayer games with up to 4 players,and create apps that are controlled with mobile devices. Throughout this experience, you can view movie clips seamlessly. The only limit is your imagination.
Fig 2.TV-Mobile Framework: Multiple User Game
Smart Interaction: Control. Navigate. Berecognized. Smart Interaction lets you interact with your TV like never before. A simple gesture is all it takes to access your favorite movies,sports, apps and other Smart Content. With voice control, your voice isall you need to turn on your Smart TV, navigate menus and get to your favorite Smart Content. Say what you want and let your TV do the rest.
Fig 3. Smart Interaction: Voice and motion control let users interact with their TV in exciting new ways
Developers creating applications for the 2012 platform are encouraged to use this latest SDK 3.5.1.
SDK 3.5.1 install file URL: http://www.samsungdforum.com/Devtools/Sdkdownload
Thank you for your interest in the SmartTV SDK.
Your Samsung SMART TV Team
Thank you for your interest in Samsung SMART TV.
We are pleased to announce the release of the improved and upgraded version of Samsung SMART TV Ad SDK to our developers and partners. You can download the new Samsung SMART TV Ad SDK from:
- Samsung D Forum(www.samsungdforum.com) : Dev tools > SDK Download(Login required)
- Samsung AdHub(www.samsungadhub.com) : Support > Guide & Tools > SDK Download
With this update, we are able to support more SMART TV In-app advertising features. The update enables developers and partners to embed video advertising as well as banner advertising, after AdHub assigns them an inventory ID.
The Samsung SMART TV Team is excited to help developers and partners alike to monetize and grow the Samsung SMART TV ecosystem.
For detailed information on SMART TV advertising, please visit Our Capabilities > Smart TV Ads(http://www.samsungadhub.com/pr/capabilities/smarttv/smarttv.do).
Samsung SMART TV Team
What would you like to report us aboutthis page?
Forum to leave a comment on this page
All contents copyright ⓒ Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd