Terms and Conditions
Before you are permitted to use the Website, you are required to accept the General Terms and Conditions along with these SDF Terms by clicking or tabbing the “accept” button via the user interface. In addition, your use of or access to this Website indicates your acceptance of these SDF Terms (as updated from time to time). You may not use this Website and may not accept these SDF Terms if you are not permitted to use this Website under applicable laws, including but not limited to the laws of the country in which you reside.
We may amend or alter these SDF Terms from time to time. We will notify you with at least 15 days prior notice ("Notification Period") of any material changes to these SDF Terms and will provide you with a copy of the revised SDF Terms either by the use of your email address provided to Samsung or by any other suitable means which ensure that you will be able to take notice of the revised SDF Terms. After the Notification Period has passed you will be prompted to accept the revised SDF Terms, typically by clicking or tabbing the "accept" button if such button or function is available or present via the user interface for the Services. You may not continue to use the Services unless you accept the revised SDF Terms. You also accept the revised SDF Terms when you continue to use the Services after the Notification Period has passed. In this case you are bound by and Samsung will treat you as bound by the revised SDF Terms from the date on which the revised SDF Terms entered into effect.
If you do not accept these SDF Terms or are not permitted to use this Website, do not continue to use this Website.
- Information about us
- "We" or "Samsung" means Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, whose principal place of business is at 129 Samsung-ro, Yeongtong-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do, Korea and any of its Affiliates. For the purpose of these SDF Terms, an Affiliate of Samsung is any company, corporation, firm, partnership or other entity that controls Samsung, is controlled by or under common control with Samsung; the term "control" means the ability to direct the management of the relevant entity. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your access to this Website
- You may use the Website and Services only for purposes that are permitted by these SDF Terms and any applicable law or regulation. We may modify, withdraw or deny your access to the Website or any portion of the Services at any time for any reason, including introducing charges for its use or other restrictions on access.
- You agree that you will not hack into the Website, its related certification and storage websites, servers and network systems or the computer systems of other users of the Website. “Hacking” means the unauthorized access or circumvention of security measures of a website, device, network or server, (including using another member's username and password), to interrupt, disrupt, damage, interfere or otherwise access in an unauthorized manner the operation and enjoyment of such device, computer system, network, server, or website.
- You agree that you will only use the Website in a responsible manner and in accordance with all applicable laws, including in a manner that does not restrict others from enjoying the Website.
- Samsung goods and services
- We may display the availability of Samsung or other goods and services on this Website. Some of these goods or services may only be available in certain jurisdictions and therefore we reserve the right to choose where such goods or services are supplied. By advertising the availability of any goods or services, we do not warrant that such goods or services will be available and you must check with your local Samsung contact for further information. Where we supply goods or services either through this Website or through other means, additional terms and conditions may apply in addition to any applicable terms and conditions within these SDF Terms.
- Contests and Sweepstakes
- The Website may contain contests or sweepstakes that offer prizes or require registration. These may have a separate registration or entry process and may require your submission of personal data such as your first and last name, street address, city, state and zip code, e-mail address, telephone number and date of birth. Each contest or sweepstake will have its own terms and conditions which you must read and agree to before participating in such contest or sweepstake. You may also have the opportunity to opt-in to special offers from our advertisers in connection with many of these types of promotions.
- App Development Guides
- The Website provides various educational materials and development tools to support application development on Samsung Smart TVs including, among other materials, news related to this Website, tutorials about Samsung Smart TVs and the Samsung Smart TV Software Development Kit (the "SDK"). The SDK contains tools and features that help you to efficiently create compelling functionality in your Application. The SDK includes the Samsung Smart TV open APIs that run on supported Samsung devices. The SDK also includes Simulators, Sample applications, Example codes, Release notes and developer documentation. If you download the SDK from this Website, any such download is subject to the terms of our SDK license agreement in addition to these SDF Terms.
- Software downloads
- When we make software available for you to download through the Website, any such download is subject to the terms of our end user license agreement in addition to these SDF Terms. We may also wish to specify certain additional licensing terms in connection with specific software and if any such additional software licensing terms apply, these will be notified to you at the time you agree to license the software.
- NO WARRANTY
- THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS-AVAILABLE” BASIS. SAMSUNG DOES NOT WARRANT (1) THAT THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES, CONTAMINATION OR OTHER MALICIOUS FEATURES; (2) THAT ANY APPLICATION SUBMITTED WILL NOT BE EXPOSED TO SUCH VIRUSES, CONTAMINATION OR DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES; OR (3) THAT SUCH APPLICATION WILL NOT BE EXPOSED TO ANY HACKING ACTIVITY FROM THIRD PARTIES. SAMSUNG DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY RELATED TO SUCH VIRUSES, CONTAMINATION OR OTHER MALICIOUS FEATURES AND HACKING. FURTHER SAMSUNG DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SAMSUNG DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, SERVICE OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY APPLICATION. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND ALL RISKS FOR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND SERVICE.
- LIABILITY DISCLAIMER
- TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SAMSUNG BE LIABLE WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE OR SERVICE FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES RESULTING LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA, BUSINESS OR GOODWILL, ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER ARISING UNDER TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER OR NOT SAMSUNG HAS BEEN ADVISED OR IS MADE AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, IF SAMSUNG IS FOUND TO BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS, IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES, SAMSUNG ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR DIRECT DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00).
- Governing law and jurisdiction
- These SDF Terms and your relationship with Samsung under these SDF Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the jurisdiction where you are a resident, without regard to its conflict of law provisions and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of such jurisdiction, to resolve any legal matter arising in relation to these SDF Terms. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Samsung may apply for injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief) in any jurisdiction.