Terms and Conditions
Before you are permitted to use the Website, you are required to accept the Samsung Account Terms and Conditions along with these SDF Terms by clicking or tabbing the “accept” button via the user interface. In addition, your use of or access to this Website indicates your acceptance of these SDF Terms (as updated from time to time). You may not use this Website and may not accept these SDF Terms if you are not permitted to use this Website under applicable laws, including but not limited to the laws of the country in which you reside.
We may amend or alter these SDF Terms from time to time. We will notify you with at least 15 days prior notice ("Notification Period") of any material changes to these SDF Terms and will provide you with a copy of the revised SDF Terms either by the use of your email address provided to Samsung or by any other suitable means which ensure that you will be able to take notice of the revised SDF Terms. After the Notification Period has passed you will be prompted to accept the revised SDF Terms, typically by clicking or tabbing the "accept" button if such button or function is available or present via the user interface for the Services. You may not continue to use the Services unless you accept the revised SDF Terms. You also accept the revised SDF Terms when you continue to use the Services after the Notification Period has passed. In this case you are bound by and Samsung will treat you as bound by the revised SDF Terms from the date on which the revised SDF Terms entered into effect.
If you do not accept these SDF Terms or are not permitted to use this Website, do not continue to use this Website.
- Information about us
- "We" or "Samsung" means Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., whose principal place of business is at 129 Samsung-ro, Yeongtong-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do, Korea and any of its Affiliates. For the purpose of these SDF Terms, an Affiliate of Samsung is any company, corporation, firm, partnership or other entity that controls Samsung, is controlled by or under common control with Samsung; the term "control" means the ability to direct the management of the relevant entity. You may contact us at email@example.com.
- Your access to this Website
- You may use the Website and Services only for purposes that are permitted by these SDF Terms and any applicable law or regulation. We may modify, withdraw or deny your access to the Website or any portion of the Services at any time for any reason, including introducing charges for its use or other restrictions on access.
- The Website and all the materials contained in it are protected by intellectual property rights (including copyright, trademarks, trade dress, patents, design rights, database rights and rights in confidential information) that either belong to us or are licensed to us by our third party licensors to use. Materials include, but are not limited to, the design, layout, logos, brands, look, appearance, sounds and graphics of the Website, and content, such as software, documents and other materials, that are made available on the Website. Nothing in these SDF Terms grants you any license to use any Samsung domain names, trademarks, service marks, logos, brand and other distinctive features found on this Website.
- Except as expressly provided in these SDF Terms, you may not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, publicly display, modify, exchange, sell, transmit, distribute or otherwise make available any portion of this Website or materials contained in it in any manner to anyone else for a commercial purpose without our written consent unless expressly permitted by a separate end user license that allows such activity.
- You agree that you will not hack into the Website, its related certification and storage websites, servers and network systems or the computer systems of other users of the Website. “Hacking” means the unauthorized access or circumvention of security measures of a website, device, network or server, (including using another member's username and password), to interrupt, disrupt, damage, interfere or otherwise access in an unauthorized manner the operation and enjoyment of such device, computer system, network, server, or website.
- You may access, display, print or download, and use materials from the Website strictly for your own personal non-commercial use provided that:
- You will only use the Remote Test System for the purpose of testing your software applications;
- You have not and will not introduce any viruses, worms, software bombs, malicious code or similar items into any Samsung device while using the Website and Services including the Remote Test System;
- Your applications do not impair or otherwise adversely affect the operation of the Website, the Services or Samsung device on which your applications are installed for, nor any system or network with which such smartphone, computer or device may connect to, nor do they prevent or hinder access to any program or data, nor do they impair the operation of any program or the reliability of any data;
- No materials are modified in any way.
- No graphics are used separately from accompanying text.
- Our copyright and trademark notices appear in all copies and you acknowledge this Website as the source of the material.
- The person to whom you provide these materials is made aware of these restrictions.
- In addition, except as expressly set forth in these SDF Terms, you may not; (1) decompile, reverse engineer, dissemble, modify, rent, lease, loan, distribute, or create derivative works or improvements from the Services, contents or any portion thereof in whole or in part; (2) interfere with or disrupt the operation of this Website or any portion of the Services, any other Samsung computer networks, websites, or services connected with or accessed by this Website or Services; (3) use this Website or any portion of materials or Services made available on this Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these SDF Terms, or to solicit the performance of any illegal activity; or (4) permit or authorize a third party to do any of the foregoing activities.
- You agree that you will only use the Website in a responsible manner and in accordance with all applicable laws, including in a manner that does not restrict others from enjoying the Website.
- Registration for Services
- In order to access the Website, you may be required to provide information about yourself as part of the registration process for the Services, or as part of your continued use of the Services, and/or pay a non-refundable registration fee in order to begin using the Services.
- You may also be required to provide a username using your email address, your date of birth and passwords to create your account with us ("Website Account"). By setting up such Website Account, you represent and warrant that: (a) all information you submit is true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself; (b) you will maintain and promptly update such information; (c) you are thirteen (13) years of age or older; and (d) your use of any portion of this Website, Services and materials made available on or through this Website does not violate any applicable law, rule or regulation.
- You understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username, your date of birth and passwords. Accordingly, you agree that you will be solely responsible to Samsung for all activities that occur under your Website Account and we are not responsible for problems with your Website Account due to misuse of your username and/or passwords. If you become aware of, or suspect, any unauthorized use of your username, your date of birth, passwords or of your Website Account, you agree to notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may not use anyone else’s ID, password or account at any time without the express consent of the holder of such ID, password or account. Samsung shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your violation of these obligations.
- Samsung Goods and Services
- We may display the availability of Samsung or other goods and services on this Website. Some of these goods or services may only be available in certain jurisdictions and therefore we reserve the right to choose where such goods or services are supplied. By advertising the availability of any goods or services, we do not warrant that such goods or services will be available and you must check with your local Samsung contact for further information. Where we supply goods or services either through this Website or through other means, additional terms and conditions may apply in addition to any applicable terms and conditions within these SDF Terms.
- Contests and Sweepstakes
- The Website may contain contests or sweepstakes that offer prizes or require registration. These may have a separate registration or entry process and may require your submission of personal data such as your first and last name, street address, city, state and zip code, e-mail address, telephone number and date of birth. Each contest or sweepstake will have its own terms and conditions which you must .read and agree to before participating in such contest or sweepstake. You may also have the opportunity to opt-in to special offers from our advertisers in connection with many of these types of promotions.
- App Development Guides
- The Website provides various educational materials and development tools to support application development on Samsung Smart TVs including, among other materials, news related to this Website, tutorials about Samsung Smart TVs and the Samsung Smart TV Software Development Kit (the "SDK"). The SDK contains tools and features that help you to efficiently create compelling functionality in your Application. The SDK includes the Samsung Smart TV open APIs that run on supported Samsung device, simulators, sample applications, example codes, release notes and developer documentation. If you download the SDK from this Website, any such download is subject to the terms of our SDK license agreement in addition to these SDF Terms.
- Software Downloads
- When we make software available for you to download through the Website, any such download is subject to the terms of our end user license agreement in addition to these SDF Terms. We may also wish to specify certain additional licensing terms in connection with specific software and if any such additional software licensing terms apply, these will be notified to you at the time you agree to license the software.
- Uploading Material to the Website
- Warranty Disclaimer, Limitation of Liability, and Indemnification
- THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS-AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR UNDERTAKINGS OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, WITH REGARD TO BUT NOT LIMITED TO THEIR QUALITY, RELIABILITY, PERFORMANCE, PURPOSE, ACCURACY, COMPATIBILITY, CONTINUED AVAILABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN PARTICULAR, WE MAY MAKE AVAILABLE SOFTWARE AND TECHNOLOGY WHICH IS “BETA”(MEANING THAT IT HAS NOT BEEN FULLY TESTED OR TESTED AT ALL) AND YOU SHOULD MAKE SURE YOU USE SUCH TECHNOLOGY IN A TEST ENVIRONMENT IN CASE IT CAUSES DAMAGE). WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE, ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE LINKED VIA THIS WEBSITE AND/OR ANY SERVICES.
- We reserve the right to modify, suspend, interrupt or terminate operation of or access any portion of this Website or Services, for whatever reason.
- TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SAMSUNG BE LIABLE WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE OR SERVICE FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES RESULTING LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA, BUSINESS OR GOODWILL, ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER ARISING UNDER TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER OR NOT SAMSUNG HAS BEEN ADVISED OR IS MADE AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, IF SAMSUNG IS FOUND TO BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS, IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES, SAMSUNG ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR DIRECT DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00).
- SAMSUNG DOES NOT WARRANT (1) THAT THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES, CONTAMINATION OR OTHER MALICIOUS FEATURES; (2) THAT ANY APPLICATION SUBMITTED WILL NOT BE EXPOSED TO SUCH VIRUSES, CONTAMINATION OR DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES; OR (3) THAT SUCH APPLICATION WILL NOT BE EXPOSED TO ANY HACKING ACTIVITY FROM THIRD PARTIES. SAMSUNG DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY RELATED TO SUCH VIRUSES, CONTAMINATION OR OTHER MALICIOUS FEATURES AND HACKING. FURTHER SAMSUNG DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SAMSUNG DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, SERVICE OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY APPLICATION. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND ALL RISKS FOR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND SERVICE.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These SDF Terms and your relationship with Samsung under these SDF Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the jurisdiction where you are a resident, without regard to its conflict of law provisions and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of such jurisdiction, to resolve any legal matter arising in relation to these SDF Terms. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Samsung may apply for injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief) in any jurisdiction.