Before you are permitted to use the Website, you are required to accept the General Terms and Conditions along with these SDF Terms by clicking or tabbing the “accept” button via the user interface. In addition, your use of or access to this Website indicates your acceptance of these SDF Terms (as updated from time to time). You may not use this Website and may not accept these SDF Terms if you are not permitted to use this Website under applicable laws, including but not limited to the laws of the country in which you reside.
We may amend or alter these SDF Terms from time to time. We will notify you with at least 15 days prior notice ("Notification Period") of any material changes to these SDF Terms and will provide you with a copy of the revised SDF Terms either by the use of your email address provided to Samsung or by any other suitable means which ensure that you will be able to take notice of the revised SDF Terms. After the Notification Period has passed you will be prompted to accept the revised SDF Terms, typically by clicking or tabbing the "accept" button if such button or function is available or present via the user interface for the Services. You may not continue to use the Services unless you accept the revised SDF Terms. You also accept the revised SDF Terms when you continue to use the Services after the Notification Period has passed. In this case you are bound by and Samsung will treat you as bound by the revised SDF Terms from the date on which the revised SDF Terms entered into effect.
If you do not accept these SDF Terms or are not permitted to use this Website, do not continue to use this Website.
- Information about us
- "We" or "Samsung" means Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, whose principal place of business is at 416, Maetan-3dong, Yeongtong-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do, Korea and any of its Affiliates. For the purpose of these SDF Terms, an Affiliate of Samsung is any company, corporation, firm, partnership or other entity that controls Samsung, is controlled by or under common control with Samsung; the term "control" means the ability to direct the management of the relevant entity. You may contact us at email@example.com.
- Your access to this Website
- You may use the Website and Services only for purposes that are permitted by these SDF Terms and any applicable law or regulation. We may modify, withdraw or deny your access to the Website or any portion of the Services at any time for any reason, including introducing charges for its use or other restrictions on access.
- Direct Marketing
- We may use your Personal Data for marketing purposes, in particular to display to you or present you with advertisements and promotion materials, to inform you about our products or to conduct free prize draws and prize competitions and other such information which we believe may be of interest to you based on your use of and your interests in our Services, always provided that such use complies with applicable laws.
We will only send you any advertisement, marketing or promotional material or product information, if you have elected to receive such information by email and/or post when you completed the registration process. Depending on the jurisdiction you reside in and in accordance with applicable laws in your country we may ask you to expressly consent to such use before we send you any marketing or promotional material or before we send you any product information.
- Submission and Certification of Applications
- Submission. Upon completion of registration by you and verification of your registration details by us, you may submit to Samsung the content and other software applications ("Applications") you wish to certify in accordance with this "Submission and Certification of Applications" Section of these SDF Terms.
You are solely responsible and liable for the Applications you submit and for complying with any support requirements, if any, set forth in the Documentation (defined below). All copies of the Application (e.g. the electronic files) you submit will be retained (or destroyed) by Samsung and will not be returned. You are responsible for retaining a back up copy of your Application.
Compliance. For each Application that you submit to Samsung, you agree to comply and remain in compliance with all requirements and obligations detailed in these SDF Terms and/or other documentation we may provide from time to time for your compliance for matters such as support requirements, content guidelines and technical specifications ("Documentation"). Samsung may revise the Documentation from time to time in its sole discretion and will provide you with a reasonable time-frame to bring your Application into compliance with such revisions. Failure to comply with the obligations in the then-current Documentation may, among other things, result in removal of your Application from the Website and possible revocation of your Website account.
Certification and Classification. Within a reasonable period of time after you submit an Application to Samsung, and provided that you have (i) paid any applicable certification or other fees and (ii) accepted any additional terms of service from Samsung’s designated certification vendors, Samsung (or Samsung’s designated certification vendor) will evaluate the Application to determine whether the Application complies with the certification requirements (including any requirements in the Documentation). Your Application should be capable of being installed into our target devices and work in accordance with your user manual, as installed, without causing any adverse effect to our devices. Samsung will inform and update you regularly of the progress of the certification process. Resubmission of your Application is permitted provided any defects notified to you and/or suggestions made by us for improvement are made prior to the resubmission. Notwithstanding the above, Samsung has no obligation to certify any Application you submit and may reject your Application in its sole discretion with or without cause. In addition Samsung may, in its sole discretion, classify certain Applications which meet certain minimum standards as "beta" ("Beta Applications"). For the avoidance of doubt, Beta Applications are distinct from Applications which have been formally certified under this paragraph.
Upon certification of your Application, Samsung may, in its sole discretion, allow you to register your Application with Samsung Apps, Samsung’s application distribution website or any other seller office website. Samsung, however, has no obligation to distribute any Application you submit, and Samsung will not distribute any Application unless and until the Application has been certified to Samsung’s satisfaction.
Application Placement. Samsung reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to make all decisions regarding placement or promotion for an Application.
Removal. Samsung reserves the right, but not the obligation to remove any Application from the Website for any reason. Such reasons may include, without limitation, (i) your breach of these SDF Terms or the Documentation; (ii) your express termination of these SDF Terms or of the license grants associated with an Application; (iii) an assertion or claim that your Application infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party or otherwise contains illegal content; or (iv) customer complaint(s) about the content or quality of your Application.
Samsung Applications. We may also make our own Applications available to buyers and in this case, Samsung would contract with buyers in respect of Samsung Applications. Nothing in this Agreement shall restrict or limit Samsung’s ability to produce Applications even if such Applications contain functionality which is similar to or equivalent to your Applications.
- Samsung goods and services
- We may display the availability of Samsung or other goods and services on this Website. Some of these goods or services may only be available in certain jurisdictions and therefore we reserve the right to choose where such goods or services are supplied. By advertising the availability of any goods or services, we do not warrant that such goods or services will be available and you must check with your local Samsung contact for further information. Where we supply goods or services either through this Website or through other means, additional terms and conditions may apply in addition to any applicable terms and conditions within these SDF Terms.
- Contests and Sweepstakes
- The Website may contain contests or sweepstakes that offer prizes or require registration. These may have a separate registration or entry process and may require your submission of personal data such as your first and last name, street address, city, state and zip code, e-mail address, telephone number and date of birth. Each contest or sweepstake will have its own terms and conditions which you must read and agree to before participating in such contest or sweepstake. You may also have the opportunity to opt-in to special offers from our advertisers in connection with many of these types of promotions.
- App Development Guides
- The Website provides various educational materials and development tools to support application development on Samsung Smart TVs including, among other materials, news related to this Website, tutorials about Samsung Smart TVs and the Samsung Smart TV Software Development Kit (the "SDK"). The SDK contains tools and features that help you to efficiently create compelling functionality in your Application. The SDK includes the Samsung Smart TV open APIs that run on supported Samsung devices. The SDK also includes Simulators, Sample applications, Example codes, Release notes and developer documentation. If you download the SDK from this Website, any such download is subject to the terms of our SDK license agreement in addition to these SDF Terms.
- Software downloads
- When we make software available for you to download through the Website, any such download is subject to the terms of our end user license agreement in addition to these SDF Terms. We may also wish to specify certain additional licensing terms in connection with specific software and if any such additional software licensing terms apply, these will be notified to you at the time you agree to license the software.
- Governing law and jurisdiction
- These SDF Terms and your relationship with Samsung under these SDF Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the jurisdiction where you are a resident, without regard to its conflict of law provisions and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of such jurisdiction, to resolve any legal matter arising in relation to these SDF Terms. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Samsung may apply for injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief) in any jurisdiction.